Air Conditioning Repair | Motor Works
Air Conditioning Repair
Air Conitioning 101
In the same philosophical vein as “Wherever you go, there you are” I would venture to add “if you ain’t cool, you ain’t cool”. Yes, we are talking about broken automotive air conditioning; its repair and service.
Motor Works excels at diagnosing and repairing broken air conditioning systems on all makes of vehicle. Since 1984, Motor Works has been serving DeKalb and Northern Illinois. We have three ASE Master Certified Specialists on staff. This, along with the latest technology and training help us solve the toughest heating and AC problems in today’s complicated climate control systems.
How It’s Done
Our thoroughness and attention to detail when recharging AC systems allows them to run colder and last longer than our competition’s work. Just a few of our techniques include:
1) A thorough visual inspection to locate leaks and problems before recharging.
2) Recharging with virgin refrigerant only, never recycled.
3) Putting the system into a vacuum for one hour instead of the standard 15 minutes. The extended vacuum time boils out all the air and moisture in the system making it far more efficient and longer lasting.
4) Two ounces of special oil with a florescent dye are injected during recharge. This replenishes lost system oil and allows us to find leaks with our black light leak detection system should they occur.
5) We ask our customers to come back for a free ten minute checkup at 200 miles to be certain no new leaks have started. With age and vibration, leaks are always a possibility.
Please come by for a free inspection and evaluation if your AC or heater does not work to your expectations. We are happy to spend some time at no charge looking things over and getting our feet wet so we can talk intelligently about your needs.
Customer satisfaction is our top priority. To all the folks in DeKalb and Northern Illinois, we hope you’ll let us prove it. If you would like to schedule an appointment to repair or service your air conditioning, you can do so online or call us at (815) 756-2882 to speak with our friendly staff.
For more detail, an animated illustration and a movie on Automotive Air Conditioning please click on the following colored NAPA Service Assistant Link, and then click on Air Conditioning under the Repair Heading.
NAPA Service Assistant